John Speller's Web Pages Taunton Tramways

John Speller's Web Pages - Other Railways

Taunton Tramways Untitled Untitled
The Taunton Electric Traction Company operated Taunton's 3' 6" gauge tramways from 1901 to 1921. Initially there were six Brush double-decker trams, but these were exchanged for single-deckers in 1905. The line ran from Rowbarton past the GWR station and through the center of town to a terminus in Hamilton Road. The cars were painted dark green and cream.
Nos. 4 and 2 of the original Brush double-deck tramcars passing on the Station Road loop in the early 1900s
No 4 double-deck Brush car on East Reach in the early 1900s
System map of the Taunton Electric Traction Co.
1920 Timetable of the Taunton Electric Traction Co.
Site Contents Untitled