John Speller's Web Pages Cross Gates to Wetherby Line

John Speller's Web Pages - North Eastern Railway
Cross Gates to Wetherby Line North Eastern Horizontal Menu Untitled
The 12-mile rail link between Cross Gates, just east of Leeds on the Micklefield line of the North Eastern Railway, and Wetherby on the Harrogate & Church Fenton Railway, was commenced in 1872 and opened on 1 May 1876. The line was doubled in 1901, at which time the original Wetherby (York Road) station on the Harrogate & Church Fenton Railway became the goods station, and a new station, Wetherby (Linton Road) was built on the Cross Gates to Wetherby line. The line closed to passengers on 6 January 1964 and to goods on 4 April 1966.
Map showing the Cross Gates to Wetherby Railway
Scholes station in a postcard view of around 1905
Bardsey station on 21 March 1961. Image copyright Ben Brooksbank and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
Wetherby Linton Road station in a postcard view of around 1905
Site Contents Untitled