John Speller's Web Pages Guiseley, Yeadon & Rawdon Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Midland Railway
Guiseley, Yeadon & Rawdon Railway MR Horizontal Menu Untitled
The Guiseley, Yeadon & Rawdon Railway was authorized by an Act of 16 July 1885 to build a 1 mile branch from Rawdon Junction, half a mile south of Guiseley on the Otley & Ilkley Extension Railway, to the village of Yeadon. The company failed to raise the necessary funds to complete the line and it was taken off and completed by the idland Railway, opening on 26 February 1894. The line was heavily graded, the predominant gradient being 1:50. The line closed to goods and passenger traffic in 1964, which is in some ways unfortunate since Yeadon is now the site of the Bradford - Leeds International Airport.
Railway Clearing House Junction Diagram showing the Yeadon branch. Click here to enlarge
Postcard view of Yeadon Railway Station in around 1910
Site Contents Untitled