The 1-mile Horrocksford Branch runs from Horrocksford Junction, between Clitheroe and Chatburn on the Bolton, Blackburn, Clitheroe and West Yorkshire Railway, to the Horrocksford Lime Company's works at Horrocksford. The line dates from 1851, when the main line was opened as far at Chatburn. The company now produces cement and asphalt rather than lime. A video of a cement train at Horrocksford Junction in 2010 may be viewed here.
The Horrocksford Lime Company's 0-4-0ST "Horrocksford No. 2" shunting in the sidings at Horrocksford
0-4-0ST "Ribble Cement No. 3" with a train of cement wagons at Horrocksford
Glasgow express heading north at Horrocksford
Junction. Image courtesy of Wikipedia Commons
Cement train leaving Horrocksford Works behind an Aspinall 0-6-0 shortly after the Grouping of 1923