John Speller's Web Pages Warwick & Leamington Union Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - L&NWR
Warwick & Leamington Union Railway LNWR Untitled
The LNWR opened its branch from Weedon on the West Coast Main Line to Daventry in 1888. Until 1918 there was a bay platform at Weedon with no connection to the main line. The line was extended to Marton Junction on the Leamington to Rugby line on 1 August 1895, enabling through running between Weedon and Leamington Spa Avenue station. The line was closed to passenger traffic in 1958 and to goods traffic in 1963.
Map of the railway between Weedon and Leamington Spa
The LNWR station, Braunton London Road, in 1962; there was also a nearby Great Central station, Braunton & Willoughby. Image courtesy of Wikipedia Commons
Weedon to Leamington local train, composed of three L&NWR 6-wheel carriages behind an 0-6-0 locomotive near Napton & Stockton station shortly after opening in 1895
Stationmaster Trigger on the platform at Flecknoe station in about 1905
Site Contents Untitled