John Speller's Web Pages Bury (Knowsley Street) to Rochdale Line (L&YR)

John Speller's Web Pages - L&NWR
Bury (Knowsley Street) to Rochdale Line (L&YR) LNWR Untitled
The Bury (Knowsley Street) to Rochdale Line was opened by the Lancashire & Yorkshire Railway on 1 May 1848 as an eastward extension of the Liverpool & Bury Railway to Rochdale. There were intermediate stations as Broadfield and Heywood, and a short branch to Heap Bridge. The line was closed on 5 October 1970, but part of it has been since reopened by the heritage railway, the East Lancashire Railway.
Map of the Oldham Loop and surrounding railways
Broadfield station, 20 august 1963. Image Copyright Ben Brooksbank and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
"City of Truro" at Heywood station, the present southern terminus of East Lancs Railway, 27 July 2007. Image Copyright Raymond Knapman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
Bury Knowsley Street station, 20 August 1963. Image Copyright Ben Brooksbank and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
Site Contents Untitled