John Speller's Web Pages Tetbury Branch

John Speller's Web Pages - GWR Narrow Gauge
Tetbury Branch GW Narrow Gauge Horizontal Menu Untitled Untitled
The 7-mile Tetbury Branch from Kemble to Tetbury was authorized by an Act of 1884 and opened by the Great Western Railway on 2 December 1889. Tetbury station was built of wood in case there should be occasion to extend the branch to the Great Western main line at a later date. There was originally a single intermediate station at Culkerton but another was added at Rodmarton Platform on 1 September 1904. An additional halt was added at Jackaments Bridge in 1939 to serve the nearby RAF station, but this closed after the War in 1948. Two further halts, Church's Hill Halt and Trouble House Halt, were added on 2 February 1959 when diesel railcar service was introduced. Trouble House Halt was named after the nearby public house. The line closed under the Beeching Axe on 4 April 1964.
Map of the Tetbury Branch
Tetbury Goods Shed
Kemble Station in 2004. Image courtesy of Wikipedia Commons
Tetbury Engine Shed
Site Contents Untitled