John Speller's Web Pages Lochearnhead, St Fillans & Comrie Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Caledonian Railway
Lochearnhead, St Fillans & Comrie Railway Untitled Untitled
The Lochhearnhead, St Fillans & Comrie Railway was chartered by an Act of 6 August 1897 to build a line from a junction near Balquhidder via Lochearnhead and St Fillans to a junction with the Crieff and Comrie Railway at Comrie. The line opened as far as St Fillans on 1 October 1901, and -- following absorption into the Caledonian Railway on 1 August 1902 -- throught to Balquhidder on 1 May 1905. The line closed on 1 October 1951.
Map of the Lochearnhead, St Fillans & Comrie Railway and connections, 1903
Postcard view of Lochearnhead in around 1905, with the station in the foreground
Lochearnhead Viaduct and Station, 1904
StFillans Station, circa 1905. The station closed 1 October 1951 -- 50 years to the day from when it had opened
Site Contents Untitled