John Speller's Web Pages Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Caledonian Railway
Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway Untitled Untitled
The Perth, Almond Valley and Methven Railway was chartered by an Act of 29 July 1856 to build a 6-mile line from Perth through the Almond Valley to the town of Methven. The line opened on 1 January 1858. The line ran from Almond Valley Junction on the main line just south of Perth via Ruthven Road, Almond Bank and Tibbermuir to Methven. There was an authorized capital of 25,000 in 10 shares, with permission to borrow an additional 8,000. By an Act of 23 June 1864 it was leased to the Scottish North Eastern Railway, later the Caledonian. The company's offices were located in Perth and the Secretary was W. C. Henderson and the Engineer, John Willett. It later connected, one-and-a-half miles south of Methven, with the Crieff and Methven Junction Railway. The line closed to passengers on 1 October 1951 and to goods on 11 September 1967. Contents.
Map of the Perth, Almond Valley & Methven Railway
Site Contents Untitled