John Speller's Web Pages Crieff & Comrie Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Caledonian Railway
Crieff & Comrie Railway Untitled Untitled
The Crieff & Comrie Railway was chartered by an Act of 25 July 1890 to build a 6-mile line from the Crieff and Methven Junction Railway at Crieff to the village of Comrie. There was an authorized capital of 45,000, with permission to borrow an additional 15,000. The Chairman was Col. David Robertson Williamson, and the other Directors were Sir Robert Drummond Moncreiffe (1856-1931), Col. Henry Edward Stirling-Home-Drummond (1841-1911), Robert McNaughtan, James Crerar and Peter Brough. The Secretary was Thomas Dempster. The line opened on 1 July 1893. Further connections were provided with the opening of the Crieff Junction Railway at Crieff and the Lochearnhead, St Fillans and Comrie Railway at Comrie in the following decade. The line was operated by the Caledonian Railway, which absorbed it in August 1898. The line closed on 6 July 1964. Contents.
Map of the Crieff & Comrie Railway and associated lines
Cutting the first sod of the Crieff & Comrie Railway, February 1891
First train at Comrie station, 1 July 1893
Comrie station in 1908
Site Contents Untitled