John Speller's Web Pages Crieff Junction Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Caledonian Railway
Crieff Junction Railway Untitled Untitled
The Crieff Junction Railway was incorporated by an Act of 15 August 1853 to build a line from Crieff Junction, just east of Gleneagles on the Scottish Central Railway, to Crieff. It opened on 13 March 1856, and was absorbed by the Scottish Central Railway by an Act of 29 June 1865, which in turn was amalgamated with the Caledonian Railway. The stations between Crieff and Gleneagles were Pittenzie Halt, Highlandman, Strageath Halt, Muthill and Tullibardine. It fell victim to the Beeching Axe on 6 July 1964.
Map of the Crieff Junction Railway and connections
Postcard view of Crieff station in about 1920
Site Contents Untitled