John Speller's Web Pages Waterford & Tramore Railway

John Speller's Web Pages - Great Southern Railways
Waterford & Tramore Railway Untitled
The Waterford & Tramore Railway was a 7-mile, 5 ft. 3 in. gauge, line linking Waterford with the seaside resort of Tramore. Construction began on 10 February 1853 and the line opened to traffic on 5 September 1853. The line was not physically connected with the lines of any other railway. The company was grouped into Great Southern Railways under the Irish Railway Grouping of 1925 and closed on 31 December 1960.
Map of the Waterford & Tramore Railway in 1872. Image courtesy of Wikipedia Commons
Chariot-ended First Class Carriage, Waterford & Tramore Railway, built 1853 and still in use in 1908. It was built by J. S. Dawson & Co. of Dublin
Henry Waugh (1827-1910), Locomotive Superintendent of the Waterford & Tramore Railway 1860-1910. He is standing next to W&TR 2-2-2T No. 4 (see below)
Edward Bury 2-2-2 tank No. 4, built for the Liverpool & Manchester Railway in 1847 and in use on the Waterford &Tramore Railway until 1905
Site Contents Untitled