John Speller's Web Pages Cannons

John Speller's Web Pages

Cannons UK Organs Horizontal Menu Untitled Untitled
The organ originally built by Abraham Jordan for the Duke of Chandos's chapel at
Cannons in 1720, and partly surviving at Holy Trinity, Gosport. Stop list of the organ
as it existed in the late eighteenth century:

Great
Open Diapason*
Stopped Diapason*
Principal*
Twelfth*
Fifteenth*
Tierce
Mounted Cornet
Sesquialtera III
Mixture II
Trumpet

Swell
Open Diapason
Stopped Diapason
Principal
Cornet III
Hautboy
Trumpet

Choir
Stopped Diapason*
Dulciana*
Principal*
Stopped Flute*
Fifteenth*
Vox Humana

* pipework surviving in present organ
Remains of the case of the Jordan organ from Cannons, now at Holy Trinity, Gosport
The case of the Cannons organ was probably originally similar to that of the 1723 Jordan organ at St. George's, Botolph Lane
Site Contents Untitled